Gift this class
Come along and learn a new skill.
Crochet has been proven to aid mindfulness, release stress and help with concentration.
During this course you will learn how to crochet the basic stitches and make a granny square to create your own granny square blanket masterpiece at home.
This course runs for 3 sessions, over 3 consecutive Thursday evenings. Please refer to the What to Bring list.
- How to start your work
- How to hold a crochet hook
- How to start a chain in crochet
- Introduction to crochet stitches
- Learn crochet stitches such as single crochet, double crochet and treble crochet
- Introduction to reading crochet patterns and the symbols and names of each stitch
- Learn turning chain and how to crochet for a straight seam
- How to wind off yarn
- Introduction to granny squares
- Read a granny square pattern
- Learn how to grow rows in granny squares
This course is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of the craft.
On completion of the course we can offer another course to extend your skills.
This workshop will be hosted by Rania, a member of THWS committee.
- How to crochet the basic stitches
- How to make a granny square
- An introduction to crochet
- 2 different colours of wool & 2 different sized crochet hooks
- Stitch markers if you have them (available from Spotlight for a couple of $)
- pen, paper & scissors