Learn how to crochet
Come along and learn a new skill.
Crochet has been proven to aid mindfulness, release stress and help with concentration.
During this course you will learn how to crochet the basic stitches and make a granny square to create your own granny square blanket masterpiece at home.
This course runs for 3 sessions, over 3 consecutive Thursday evenings. Please refer to the What to Bring list.
- How to start your work
- How to hold a crochet hook
- How to start a chain in crochet
- Introduction to crochet stitches
- Learn crochet stitches such as single crochet, double crochet and treble crochet
- Introduction to reading crochet patterns and the symbols and names of each stitch
- Learn turning chain and how to crochet for a straight seam
- How to wind off yarn
- Introduction to granny squares
- Read a granny square pattern
- Learn how to grow rows in granny squares
This course is designed for beginners and assumes no prior knowledge of the craft.
On completion of the course we can offer another course to extend your skills.
This workshop will be hosted by Rania, a member of THWS committee.
- How to crochet the basic stitches
- How to make a granny square
- An introduction to crochet
- 2 different colours of wool & 2 different sized crochet hooks
- Stitch markers if you have them (available from Spotlight for a couple of $)
- pen, paper & scissors
If the class needs to be cancelled by The Hills Women's Shed, paid attendees will be notified and a full refund will be provided. If a person who has paid to attend needs to cancel their attendance. If you email The Hills Women's Shed with a minimum of 24 hours notice then a refund will be provided. Failure to attend a workshop on the day will incur a $5 administration fee with the remainder eligible for refund.
We want to make everyone welcome so please notify us if you have any special access requirements. The Hills Women's Shed is run from a council owned heritage building which is not currently wheelchair accessible but we are exploring ways to become more accessible so please notify us if you require specific access so we can discuss what is possible.